Seems like I have been busy with things other than sewing - especially work - since Thanksgiving. I haven't had much sewing time, but I'm getting things done in small batches. I'm still focused on finishing several quilt projects so the slate is clear for the beginning of 2015. It's a worthy goal, but I don't know if I'll achieve it!
I finished assembling all the Scrap Jar Stars. The current measurement is approximately 55 x 70, which to my mind is a little narrow. I have just enough of the dotty background fabric to add another round of narrow sashing to complete the floating 9 patches on the outer edges. That will only add three inches to the width, so I'm still contemplating whether I want to try adding a multi-color print border for additional size. I guess it would depend on whether I could find just the right fabric for another border.
I also spent some quality time with my Carpenter's Wheel blocks. I needed one more block to make a three by three setting, so I made a color wheel version of the block.
When the color wheel block was finished, I just randomly pinned all the Carpenter's Wheel blocks to the design wall. I plan to add white sashing and cornerstones to the blocks so there will be a floating 9 patch secondary design. I'll probably add a solid white border, a border of random colored squares and another white border.
I tried re-arranging the blocks into color wheel order, but I think I like the random arrangement better!
I'm linking up with the other Rainbow Scrap enthusiasts over at Angela's SoScrappy blog today. There will be lots of colorful inspiration, for sure!